Ir al contenido principal

The Lip Product Addict Tag


Hi everyone! This time I will attempt to make my first blog post in English.  

I've been watching recently on YouTube a tag called The Lip Product Addict Tag and since this tags are not limited to video replies, I decided to give it a try and make it in a blog post. There are 8 questions and basically I will answer all of them based on products that I have in my collection, which is not huge. I also wanted to do this tag since the available market in my country is not as huge as some other places and also trying to keep within certain budget. For me, a good lip product is not an uber expensive one. It can be a $2.00 lipstick/gloss that is not slippery o funny tasting. I wish I could pay $35.00 for a YSL lipstick and not feel guilty but I can't (I'd rather pay $35.00 for a lipset than for 1 product).  Anyways, taking that into consideration, let's get started.


1. Best balm/treatment:  For me it has to be the Fresh lip treatments. I got a deluxe sample size duo a couple years ago as a birthday perk from Sephora and it came a clear one and a rose tinted balm. This saved my lips during our trip to Orlando last December/January. It has also helped my daughter's lip whenever they are chapped. The results are almost immediate, you can see how smooth, soft, and shiny your lips will be as soon as it is applied. I could purchase a full size but they are $22.00 a piece and before that I will try some other cheaper alternatives (don't start a riot but for me, lip balm is not that important eventhough in a hot climate like ours it will work as well).


2. Best eye-catching red: I don't own may red lipsticks since I used to have braces some time ago and I always thought wearing bright lipstick will draw too much attention to my braces. Now that I don't have them, little by little I am starting to lose the fear of these colors. One of the reds that I have and I thought was too much for me but I have used it a couple times and I love it since it is a very deep red is Stila's stay all day liquid lipstick in the color Fiery. I got it with some other Stila products as part of a 500 point perk, again from Sephora. It is a gorgeous deep, matte but not drying lipstick and it lasts a very long time. 



3.  Best luxury and best drugstore: As I mentioned before, I do not own too many luxury brand lipsticks and as a result my best luxury lipstick will be my Marvelous Moxie lipstick, from BareMinerals, in Speak your Mind. This is such a beautiful pinky nude lipstick soooo creamy that I am seriously considering purchasing more. As for drugstore, my best: Revlon lipbutters. Sheer colors, so shiny, smooth, and light that they do not feel uncomfortable on the lips. They might not be the most long wearing products but that's fine with me, I do not mind reaplying.



4. Best MAC Lipstick: I feel ashamed because I only own 2 MAC lipsticks and my favorite from the 2 has to be Creme Cup. Another pinky nude lipstick that won't make me look like I'm dead. Nothing else to add.



5. Most dissapointing: for me it has to be Essence All About Cupcake (yes, go ahead, unleash the wrath). I had very high hopes for this brand since it is pretty new to our market here in Panama and, since it is very affordable, I expected not a MAC quality lipstick but at least like a  CoverGirl one. I didn't like this at all: the scent is too strong and lingers, it is slippery, feels oily and uncomfortable. If this lipstick is like that I don't think I will purchase another color from this brand.

6. Liner - yes or no? I will have to say no. I only have 2 and most of the times forget to use them. At all.


7. Best gloss: hands down Buxom lipglosses. I got a mini with an online order from, yes again, Sephora, and it made me want more so when a couple months later I saw that the 100 point perk was a full size, I decided I had to have it not only because of the color (again, pink) but also the name, Sophia, reminds me of my daughter (her name is Sophie but it is pretty close). I love the minty scent, the tingly and the cooling sensation the give and I am so ready to purchase more, online of curse.

8.  Something extra: I have to confess that I am not a big lip product person, I prefer eyeshadows and blushes but I really enjoy the jumbo lip crayons that everyone and their mother is launching. Clinique Chubby Sticks are so light and shiny; Revlon balm stains, love them; even the only one from ELF that I have. I just hope that our market will expand and I wish that products didn't take forever to get here.

Well, that will be all for now. Hope you enjoy my lip product addict Tag and thank you for stopping by.  Have a nice and see you in my next post!









Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A Little Fashion Post

So I'm not fashion-y at all. I like what I like and sometimes that does not work/adjust to my body type which is like "hourglass-y but chubby" and I have to look for pieces that not only match or coordinate with one another but also that fit me well and does not make me look like a fool, like a 40 year trying to look half her age.  So, that being said, for a casual Friday, I chose a pair of kind of lose fit jeans from Estampa (got them for $12), an olive green tank top, olive green jacket from Berksha (bought it like 3 years ago) so they "match" and create a military-ish vibe, a regular black belt, and a pair of gold-nude loafers, so comfortable that I just can't put them down. Now some more detail pics so you can take a closer look and enjoy.  See ya next time!

Review: Boscia Skin Care

Hola a todos y bienvenidos nuevamente. Primero quisiera disculparme por haber bajado la cantidad de posts. Tuve un leve caso de "writter's block" pero después de una buena conversa y unos consejos, estoy lista para continuar. Para esta ocasión les tengo una reseña o review de un par de productos de cuidado de la piel de la marca boscia.   Boscia significa, literalmente "Botanical Science" y es una línea de cuidado de la piel desarrollada en Japón hace 32 años y es la primera línea de cuidado de la piel 100% libre de preservativos.  Entre los agentes que no se encontrarán en los productos de la marca están: ethanol, bactericidas, fragancias sintéticas, colorantes sintéticos, aceite mineral o ingredientes animales. De boscia , ya hace unos meses y para completar el monto para el free shipping de una compra de Sephora, había un set con unos deluxe sample sizes de 3 productos: el Detoxifying Black Cleanser, el Oil-free Nightly Hydration y el Enliv

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

Hola a todos y bienvenidos.  Para el día de hoy les tengo una reseña o review de una base de maquillaje de la marca Revlon.  Se trata de la base Revlon Colorstay Whipped, la cual es una base en crema, bastante gruesa, que no se corre.  En Panamá se empezó a vender más o menos desde octubre-noviembre del 2013 y tenemos aproximadamente unas 5 tonalidades, a diferencia de otros mercados que tiene hasta 16 tonos y tiene un precio de más o menos $16.95 más impuestos. Según la página de  Revlon , Colorstay Whipped es un maquillaje de larga duración que ofrece un máximo rendimiento, tiene textura suave y su cobertura ayuda a unificar el tono del rostro y también ofrece una sensación ligera durante todo el día que no se corre ni se desvanece. Yo compré la mía en el mes de noviembre y la uso casi todos los días.  Puedo certificar que es una base de cobertura completa, da una apariencia mate y a pesar de que el clima en Panamá es caliente y húmedo, la duración del maquillaje