Ir al contenido principal

Quick Review: Tatcha Pure One-Step Camellia Cleansing Oil


Hi everyone! I have a quick post on a product that I recently purchased, tried and enjoyed a lot.  It is the Tatcha Pure One-Step Camellia Cleansing Oil.  I bought the 0.8 oz. bottle back in September ($12.00 the travel size and $48.00 for 5.1 oz)  and about a week after I received it I used and I did not like it, at all but this thing has instructions and a little learning curve.  But let me tell you about it:


Tatcha is a relatively new to Sephora, it is a luxury brand, kind of pricey, and its founder, while traveling in Japan, met with a Geisha who share their ancient beauty secrets, which were improved with a little help of science and they have very good reviews, on almost every single one of their products.

As for the cleansing oil, this is what Sephora's webpage says:

"This beautiful blend of botanical oils thoroughly cleanses the skin without stripping it of its natural moisture—an essential first step for any skincare ritual. Formulated without mineral oil to remove even water-resistant sunscreen, long-wear makeup formulas, and BB creams, it emulsifies completely and leaves no oily residue. It is rich in oleic and linoleic acids, along with vitamins A, B, and E to nourish dry skin, calm sensitive skin, and decongest oily skin. "

Now, my experience:  As I mentioned before, I did not like it at first. You are supposed to take up to 3 pumps of this transparent oil, rub it into your skin, wash it off with warm water, which will turn the oil into a milky cleansing lotion, and that's it. Well, that was not it for me. At the moment I did not have hot water so I used room temperature and felt like nothing came off so I decided to put it aside and try it later.  Thank you Lord I was wrong.  About a week after that "bad" experience, I did have hot water and follow the products directions and it does work! It takes away everything in one single step but you know me, I have to use my Clarisonic but it comes out really clean, no foundation residue and I even go with a cotton pad and some cleansing water over my eyes to remove any mascara or liner residue and very little is left.  This thing I for sure reccommend and I will repurchase, don't know if the big size, but at least the travel size one.

Let me share a couple pictures of the oil and my before and after. Excuse my tired face, this was after an almost 12 hour wearing makeup day:


As you can see, I have no traces of makeup and yes, my face looks red but it's because I had just used warm water and rubbed the oil a little and it faded out, no irritation whatsoever.

I hope you enjoyed this very quick post and if you decide to try this cleansing oil let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by and see you in my next post!


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A Little Fashion Post

So I'm not fashion-y at all. I like what I like and sometimes that does not work/adjust to my body type which is like "hourglass-y but chubby" and I have to look for pieces that not only match or coordinate with one another but also that fit me well and does not make me look like a fool, like a 40 year trying to look half her age.  So, that being said, for a casual Friday, I chose a pair of kind of lose fit jeans from Estampa (got them for $12), an olive green tank top, olive green jacket from Berksha (bought it like 3 years ago) so they "match" and create a military-ish vibe, a regular black belt, and a pair of gold-nude loafers, so comfortable that I just can't put them down. Now some more detail pics so you can take a closer look and enjoy.  See ya next time!

Review: Boscia Skin Care

Hola a todos y bienvenidos nuevamente. Primero quisiera disculparme por haber bajado la cantidad de posts. Tuve un leve caso de "writter's block" pero después de una buena conversa y unos consejos, estoy lista para continuar. Para esta ocasión les tengo una reseña o review de un par de productos de cuidado de la piel de la marca boscia.   Boscia significa, literalmente "Botanical Science" y es una línea de cuidado de la piel desarrollada en Japón hace 32 años y es la primera línea de cuidado de la piel 100% libre de preservativos.  Entre los agentes que no se encontrarán en los productos de la marca están: ethanol, bactericidas, fragancias sintéticas, colorantes sintéticos, aceite mineral o ingredientes animales. De boscia , ya hace unos meses y para completar el monto para el free shipping de una compra de Sephora, había un set con unos deluxe sample sizes de 3 productos: el Detoxifying Black Cleanser, el Oil-free Nightly Hydration y el Enliv

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

Hola a todos y bienvenidos.  Para el día de hoy les tengo una reseña o review de una base de maquillaje de la marca Revlon.  Se trata de la base Revlon Colorstay Whipped, la cual es una base en crema, bastante gruesa, que no se corre.  En Panamá se empezó a vender más o menos desde octubre-noviembre del 2013 y tenemos aproximadamente unas 5 tonalidades, a diferencia de otros mercados que tiene hasta 16 tonos y tiene un precio de más o menos $16.95 más impuestos. Según la página de  Revlon , Colorstay Whipped es un maquillaje de larga duración que ofrece un máximo rendimiento, tiene textura suave y su cobertura ayuda a unificar el tono del rostro y también ofrece una sensación ligera durante todo el día que no se corre ni se desvanece. Yo compré la mía en el mes de noviembre y la uso casi todos los días.  Puedo certificar que es una base de cobertura completa, da una apariencia mate y a pesar de que el clima en Panamá es caliente y húmedo, la duración del maquillaje