Ir al contenido principal

Christmas Beauty Haul


Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog. This time I'd like to share my Christmas beauty haul. I know it is a little late but hey, better late than never. So let's get started:

First stop was a new brand for me that is all over Youtube: Colour Pop Cosmetics. This brand is quite new and they have so far, eye shadows and lipsticks (or lippie stix) and lip liners. Every individual item, whether it is an eye shadow or a lippie stix is only $5.00 and once you hit the $30.00 mark, you get free shipping withing the USA. Believe me, reaching the $30.00 is quite easy.


This is what my package looked like before I decided to bust it open. It came with one of the Christmas sets that I ordered and an additional lippie stix. Another thing to keep in mind when making your first order is that, when you subscribe you can get $5.00 off that very first purchase so more reason to buy. Let me show you what I got:


This was one of the Holiday Collection sets, called Barely Blitzed. It came with 4 Super Shock Shadows, 2 singles and 1 duo. Colourpop shadows have different finishes: they have matte, satin luxe, and metallic shadows. This set came with 3 lippie stix (I know there are 4 but I just included my "extra" in the same picture). As with the Super Shock Shadows, the lippie stix also have different finishes: matte, satin, glossy, hyper glossy, and pearlized. For this set, the 3 are matte.

Let me show you some swatches:




The Super Shock Shadows that I got are, from right to left: Effect, which is a reddish brown in the pan but when swatched it looks more orangy and has a matte finish. Next is Solstice, which is a nudy beige with pretty glitter and a satin luxe finish. And the duo comes with the shades Fleek, which is a satin luxe finish black shadow with very fine gold shimmer and Effect, a very beautiful matte deep teal color.

As for the Lippie Stix, as mentioned before, they are all matte and the shades swatched on my hand are, top to bottom: Deja (peachy nude), Clover (nice every day pink), and Bambi (a very deep purple that looks so pretty but is not my cup of tea...but maybe I just need to step out of my box).

The "extra" Lippie Stix that I bought, taking advantage of the $5.00 coupon is Frida, which is a collab between Colourpop and beauty vlogger Dani, from the Youtube channel Coffeebreakwithdani. It is a satin finish and it is described as a "mid tone nude pink" perfect for either your everyday or for those times when you don't know what lip color use with your eye look:


What I loved of the products is not only the price but the quality. They have such amazing quality that is very hard to believe how they make money with such a low price point. Also, with every order they add a hand written Thank You note that is a very sweet touch and also 2 cards with tips on how to use and store your items. From the Holiday Collection they decided to leave on the site, available for purchase at any time, 2 sets: an eye shadow set and a Lippie Stix set. Also, browse through the site, they have collabs with various Youtubers, maybe your favorite has done one with them.

Now, lets take a look to my Sephora Christmas purchase:


And now, the details:


For 2015, Sephora and Pantone have decided that the "Color of the Year" is the color Marsala, which is a reddish brick tone and, since I love purchasing palettes, I bought the Shimmering Marsala Cheek Trio. It is very pigmented, as you can see in the swatches, and it comes with a pretty pink highlighter, a pinky blush, and a matte marsala blush. It was $28.00 and I was lucky enough to get it online since it's sold out and available at certain stores.

 

GinZing Extra-Zing Energizing Kit, from Origins: I have been wanting to try this skincare line for quite some time now and, when the VIB Sale was on, I tried to purchase a kit but guess what? When I was about to click the checkout button, it magically disappeared so I had to change my selection. Anyways, when I was ordering from Sephora this time, I found this kit that comes with a 1oz. GinZing Refreshing scrub cleanser, a 0.5oz. GinZing Energy-Boosting moisturizer, and a 0.17oz GinZing Refreshing eye cream to try. I've heard a lot of good things about the eye cream so we shall see (I haven't used any of them at this moment).  This kit is still available and costs $22.00.

My favorite thing that I bought is this:



Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette: I had my eye on this palette for so long and finally I had the chance to purchase it. The color selection is so pretty with brownie, mauvey shades, and it smells like chocolate. Let me show you the goodness inside:


As you can see, there are matte and shimmer shades that all blend like a dream and I have been using it a lot since I got it. It was $49.00 but worth every single penny.


From Bite Beauty I chose this Luminous Creme Lipstick duo in the colors Fig and Date, pretty pinky peachy neutral shades and for the price point, $12.00, what better way to try other products from the brand since I already have a High Pigment Pencil.  All of Bite's products have ingredients that are good for the lips (these are very moisturizing) and this set can be used either individually or combined.

At the time of my purchase, if you added the code DELIGHT at the checkout you could choose a deluxe sample size of different options given. I chose the Kat Von D Tatto Liner in the only color they have, black, to try it since so many people rave about it.


As I'd probably mentioned before, I've been looking everywhere for a good liquid liner to replace my Physician's Formula liquid liner and have not been successful, at all, so when I saw this was my chance, I chose the liner. I used it like 2 times and so far, I am pretty happy with it. It is really black, doesn't smudge, dries matte, and it has a very fine brush tip. It is pricey though, $18.00 the full size, and I noticed that my fave liner's price had gone down, so probably I won't get a full size.


My last samples were 2 perfume samples that I have not used and a sample of the Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme. I chose one of the pod labeled Sand to try first, since it said that it is for light skin tones. It is a very full coverage foundation but I could still see some of the sun spots (damn sun spots!) that I have but, for the rest of my face, nothing was showing but it didn't feel uncomfortable. I applied it with my Beauty Blender, which sheared it a little, and with a brush, which made it very full coverage but I had to work with it a little more, in order to get rid of the brush streaks. The full size is $44.00 for 1.01oz and I am considering getting a full size later on.

So that was it for my Christmas beauty haul. I have about 2 more hauls to come, a collective one from Sephora from October-November, and my Mother's Day haul (as you might now, if you live in Panama, Mother's Day is on December 8th) so keep an eye out for those posts.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and I hope to see you soon on my next post!
















Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A Little Fashion Post

So I'm not fashion-y at all. I like what I like and sometimes that does not work/adjust to my body type which is like "hourglass-y but chubby" and I have to look for pieces that not only match or coordinate with one another but also that fit me well and does not make me look like a fool, like a 40 year trying to look half her age.  So, that being said, for a casual Friday, I chose a pair of kind of lose fit jeans from Estampa (got them for $12), an olive green tank top, olive green jacket from Berksha (bought it like 3 years ago) so they "match" and create a military-ish vibe, a regular black belt, and a pair of gold-nude loafers, so comfortable that I just can't put them down. Now some more detail pics so you can take a closer look and enjoy.  See ya next time!

Review: Boscia Skin Care

Hola a todos y bienvenidos nuevamente. Primero quisiera disculparme por haber bajado la cantidad de posts. Tuve un leve caso de "writter's block" pero después de una buena conversa y unos consejos, estoy lista para continuar. Para esta ocasión les tengo una reseña o review de un par de productos de cuidado de la piel de la marca boscia.   Boscia significa, literalmente "Botanical Science" y es una línea de cuidado de la piel desarrollada en Japón hace 32 años y es la primera línea de cuidado de la piel 100% libre de preservativos.  Entre los agentes que no se encontrarán en los productos de la marca están: ethanol, bactericidas, fragancias sintéticas, colorantes sintéticos, aceite mineral o ingredientes animales. De boscia , ya hace unos meses y para completar el monto para el free shipping de una compra de Sephora, había un set con unos deluxe sample sizes de 3 productos: el Detoxifying Black Cleanser, el Oil-free Nightly Hydration y el Enliv

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

Hola a todos y bienvenidos.  Para el día de hoy les tengo una reseña o review de una base de maquillaje de la marca Revlon.  Se trata de la base Revlon Colorstay Whipped, la cual es una base en crema, bastante gruesa, que no se corre.  En Panamá se empezó a vender más o menos desde octubre-noviembre del 2013 y tenemos aproximadamente unas 5 tonalidades, a diferencia de otros mercados que tiene hasta 16 tonos y tiene un precio de más o menos $16.95 más impuestos. Según la página de  Revlon , Colorstay Whipped es un maquillaje de larga duración que ofrece un máximo rendimiento, tiene textura suave y su cobertura ayuda a unificar el tono del rostro y también ofrece una sensación ligera durante todo el día que no se corre ni se desvanece. Yo compré la mía en el mes de noviembre y la uso casi todos los días.  Puedo certificar que es una base de cobertura completa, da una apariencia mate y a pesar de que el clima en Panamá es caliente y húmedo, la duración del maquillaje