Ir al contenido principal

Birthday Haul!



Hi everyone! I am back with a "quick" haul of what I got for my birthday which was back in September but it took quite some time to get everything that I will share with you, starting now, starting with what I purchased from Sephora what was actually a present from my friend Yiyi.





Tony Moly's Pocket Bunny Sleek Mist ($15.00): this ultra cute bunny is supposed to be sort of a makeup setting spray that will help you control the shine and also will take care of the powdery look on your face. It has no strong scent, I use it everyday since I do not know what is going on with my nose that nothing seems to stay there. My only complaint, the spray nozzle: after I sprits my face I feel that I have liquid all over me except for my face and I can not change it because it is so small that anything else will not work with the bunny cap.





From the very luxurious brand Tatcha, the Pure One Step Camelia Cleansing Oil (travel size, $12.00): This is so fancy that even the box looks pricey. I have used this one step cleanser to remove my makeup at night and OMG am I impressed! To be honest with you guys, I did not like it in my very first try but it did not discourage me to not try again. I did try it and now I can't use anything else. You just need, at max, 3 pumps of the cleansing oil, rub it against your face and eyes and then rinse it off with warm water. It will change it's consistency and will turn milky, lotiony white and you can be sure that if not all 98% of the makeup is gone. I got afterwards with a cotton pad and some makeup remover over my eyes to take care of any leftovers and sometimes even use my Clarisonic and man, the brush head bearly has traces of makeup. Fully reccommended, I will purchase it again (but first I'll do my best to use up other stuff I have already open and in rotation).


From the very overlooked Sephora in-house brand, I got the Sephora Pearl Sleeping Mask ($4.00). I tried the Lotus one before and I really enjoy how my skin looks the next day. This one is supposed to Evens and helps minimize irregularities for skintone that is even, fresher, and brighter.  Hey, for the price I'll try them all.




This year's Beauty Insider birthday present came from Nars: two very nice sized lip crayons, the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella (a gorgeous red) and a Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien, an everyday pink, shiny color. This are not twistables, they have to be sharpened, and a full sized version is $26.00 each. Way to go Sephora, this 2 will last me a long time to use up.

For my samples I chose:







Tarte's Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, which I have not tried yet; Korres Greek Yogurt Foaming Cleanser, which I used up, love the smell and how soft and clean my face felt; Makeup For Ever Artist Shadows in I-414, M-536, and D-826 (have not used them and I wonder how can you try so little eyeshadow...)



And, finally, using a code, I was able to get this tiny sample set of the bareMinerals' BareSkin Collection that came with a sample size foundation, a powder, and a teeny tiny kabuki brush. I have used the three of them: the foundation, wrong color, too orange and didn't last; the powder was nice, finely milled, and the brush, meh! I have other mini kabuki's that are way better.

Now, what I got from Nordstrom. This was my very first Nordstrom purchase and I love that they have free shipping no matter how much you spend and, since I've been dying to get something from Lorac because Ulta's website does not take any of my credit cards and Lorac's webpage does not take international credit cards, I went with Nordstrom.



I always buy one or two presents from me to me and this is one of them: the LORAC Pro 2 eyeshadow palette ($42.00). As you can see, it has an entire row of matte colors and one of shimmery colors, which I love. I have used it several times and really enjoy the looks I have created so far. Heck, I have even used that green called Jade when I almost never wear green. The palette came with a deluxe same size of their primer and there was a free gift with purchase that I'll show you:


The first one is the primer that came with the palette, then 2 different mascaras, a face primer and a deluxe sample size of their lipgloss. When I placed my order and the confirmation email arrived, it did not show the freebie so I contacted Nordstrom's Customer Service and they placed the order for me and all of it arrived in perfect condition. Now, they also have 3 free samples with purchase, and in my case I chose:


Samples from the Jane Iredale BB Cream in 3 different colors, a Laura Mercier foundation packet sample, and a MAC mascara that should be in one of my drawers and I totally forgot about it.

Now, another present from me to me, this time from Morphe Brushes. 




This candy apple red brush set was around $21.00 with shipping and taxes and it comes with a really nice wallet. It has a powder brush, blush/contour blush, foundation brush, and 5 eye brushes. They are very soft, barely shed and I'm impressed. I prefer these over my Sedona Lace brush set that I got about 2 years ago and that I recently gave most of it away, just kept a few brushes.

Now, some fashiony things:




My mom gave me some money and I purchase those wedge sandals. It's been around 3 years since I stop using heels and I am trying to get back on the saddle, little by little. And my In-Laws got me this beautyful polka dot and lace dress that has side pockets and this very pretty stripped and lace sweater.

I have something else to share, the most important present from my husband and my daughter but it deserves it's own post so come back soon, I promise I will share it with you guys.

Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you in my next post!











Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A Little Fashion Post

So I'm not fashion-y at all. I like what I like and sometimes that does not work/adjust to my body type which is like "hourglass-y but chubby" and I have to look for pieces that not only match or coordinate with one another but also that fit me well and does not make me look like a fool, like a 40 year trying to look half her age.  So, that being said, for a casual Friday, I chose a pair of kind of lose fit jeans from Estampa (got them for $12), an olive green tank top, olive green jacket from Berksha (bought it like 3 years ago) so they "match" and create a military-ish vibe, a regular black belt, and a pair of gold-nude loafers, so comfortable that I just can't put them down. Now some more detail pics so you can take a closer look and enjoy.  See ya next time!

Review: Boscia Skin Care

Hola a todos y bienvenidos nuevamente. Primero quisiera disculparme por haber bajado la cantidad de posts. Tuve un leve caso de "writter's block" pero después de una buena conversa y unos consejos, estoy lista para continuar. Para esta ocasión les tengo una reseña o review de un par de productos de cuidado de la piel de la marca boscia.   Boscia significa, literalmente "Botanical Science" y es una línea de cuidado de la piel desarrollada en Japón hace 32 años y es la primera línea de cuidado de la piel 100% libre de preservativos.  Entre los agentes que no se encontrarán en los productos de la marca están: ethanol, bactericidas, fragancias sintéticas, colorantes sintéticos, aceite mineral o ingredientes animales. De boscia , ya hace unos meses y para completar el monto para el free shipping de una compra de Sephora, había un set con unos deluxe sample sizes de 3 productos: el Detoxifying Black Cleanser, el Oil-free Nightly Hydration y el Enliv

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

Hola a todos y bienvenidos.  Para el día de hoy les tengo una reseña o review de una base de maquillaje de la marca Revlon.  Se trata de la base Revlon Colorstay Whipped, la cual es una base en crema, bastante gruesa, que no se corre.  En Panamá se empezó a vender más o menos desde octubre-noviembre del 2013 y tenemos aproximadamente unas 5 tonalidades, a diferencia de otros mercados que tiene hasta 16 tonos y tiene un precio de más o menos $16.95 más impuestos. Según la página de  Revlon , Colorstay Whipped es un maquillaje de larga duración que ofrece un máximo rendimiento, tiene textura suave y su cobertura ayuda a unificar el tono del rostro y también ofrece una sensación ligera durante todo el día que no se corre ni se desvanece. Yo compré la mía en el mes de noviembre y la uso casi todos los días.  Puedo certificar que es una base de cobertura completa, da una apariencia mate y a pesar de que el clima en Panamá es caliente y húmedo, la duración del maquillaje