Ir al contenido principal

My Worst Online Shopping Experience


Hi everyone and welcome back! Hope you had a very happy Holiday Season and that this new year that started some days ago might bring you the best. Remember to work hard to accomplish the goals and resolutions that we might have set for 2015.

I know I've been MIA for some time now but basically I was expecting some packages to arrive and also I was, and I still am, enjoying some vacation days and spending some time with my family, running errands, so on and so forth but hopefully this 2015 should be more active and with more posts than the last six months (fingers crossed).

Anyways, to start of this year, unfortunately I have a rant. And I know I am not the only person that has had this same problem and I will like to put it out.  Last November, I placed an order with BH Cosmetics because a lot of youtube girls rave about their products, they are sooo increadibly cheap, they seem to have a really good quality, so I decided to make the purchase. My order was simple: the polka dot brush set, a blush duo (not pictured), a liquid foundation, the Special Occasion palette, the Wild Child eyeshadow palette, an eyelash curler (not pictured), and 2 free eyeshadow palettes, the BH Malibu and BH Hollywood.  To start of, it took almost a week for them to process the order and get it shipped. It was going to be sent with USPS so it will take longer than my regular Sephora packages that are sent with UPS. My package left California and got to Florida. This is where the big problem started. It was kept in a USPS location at a city called Opa Locka, in Florida, that is about an hour from Miami where all my online purchases arrive and then get sent to Panama so here I pay for shipping, customs and all of that good stuff. There was no way in hell that I could figure out when the box was going to be taken from Opa Locka to Miami. It was there for almost a week. I called several times to the USPS Customer Services with no one to talk to but an automated system. I sent BH about 5 emails back and forth and one of the "options" provided by them was to "go to the Post Office and pick your package". After several mails, IG messages, and trying to reach them, they told me that my package was going to be delivered on November 26. The day came and went and my courier company did not receive the package, it never arrived although they said it did.

Since all of this was happening. Luckily enough, the girl who took my call was very nice and helped me a lot. Keep in mind that we are now in early December and part of the things that I had purchased were supposed to be Christmas presents. Anyways, she said that we could place a claim with USPS since all of their packages have insurance and I had to call back in 8 business days, December 15th, to find out what happened. When the day came and I called back, thank God the same girl took my call and remembered my case. I told her that I wanted my package, that a refund was not an option since my credit card is an international one and the refund will never show or be applied. So she replaced my package and provided a tracking number, this time with UPS and a month or so after I placed my order, I received my stuff.  Until this day, I can't seem to understand why this company keeps using USPS for their deliveries since I was told that mine was not the first case that things show as delivered but never get to where they are suppposed to. Maybe it is cheaper but how many times will they have to either replace or refund people that have been through what I had? I think that doing so is way more expensive than using a serious courier company. No one will take off my mind that the USPS people stole my property.

With that being said, I will like to share with you guys what I was able to get and that I have tried so far:


The Special Occasion 39 color eyeshadow and blush palette: At the time of my purchase this was priced in around $20.00, which I consider a good price for the amount of products that are here. It is a plastic black palette, it has a decent sized mirror and you can do any eye look with it and also you have the matching blushes. I have used it a couple times, some shadows are hit and miss regarding pigmentation, as well as the blushes.  I will provide swatches of the blushes and some of the shadows so you can see. For a makeup beginner it might be a good option for the amount of options/colors for the price point.


The Wild Child baked eyeshadow palette: this I liked, a lot. I paid about $10.00 and the pigmentation is there. You can use the shadows wet, to intensify the color, or dry. So far I have used it once, dry and it was enough. They blended very well and they looked really pretty. The 9 shades are shimmery so if you do not like shimmery shadows, this is not for you. No matte blending color but this is not a deal breaker for me. The swatches that I am showing are all dry.


Bh Cosmetics blush duo in Tulip: a matte pinky-peach blush and a highlighter. The blush is not as scary as you see it in the pan and the highligt is kind of pretty. Haven't tried it yet, so I don't have too much to say. Nice sized compact, slim, portable, and has a very nice sized mirror.  At the time of my purchase it was prized at $4.95.


11 Piece Pink-A-Dot Brush Set:  this was the main reason for my purchase. I've been looking for a nice sized fan brush that won't cost either an eye or a leg. I reaserched several websites and most of the brushes I saw were about $20.00 for just one brush I decided that my best choice was to purchase a whole set for the same price. They are cute to look at, come with a brush holder cup that is useful when traveling and will protect your brushes, they are soft and perform nicely. So far, I washed them before the first use and no shedding or bleeding. I will keep using them but little by little I am including a couple of the eyebrushes to my daily makeup rotation.



BH Cosmetics Liquid Foundation: since I love to try new foundations and this was soooo cheap, $4.95, I thought "heck, why not" but this was the major fail of my purchase. The color is called Light Rose, however it has no rose at all in it. I swatched it on my hand several times and it is just plain orange and, since I don't think the Oompa Loompa style will look sexy on me, I can't use it, at all. Don't be fooled by how the bottle looks like, it is not the right color for me.  Why I won't send it back? Because it will be more expensive than keeping it and maybe I could find someone that will be able to use it.


BH Cosmetics Malibu and Hollywood eyeshadow palettes: when I placed my order I got both of them for free for some Christmas presents, however, they arrived uber late but I will still give them to my BFF. I think the Malibu one was discontinued since it is no longer on the website. I will not swatched them but I will put some pictures of them. They have 16 eyeshadows, blushes, and highlighting powders. Very compact, they are made of cardboard, include a mirror and seem to be very sturdy.




So, if you can go pass the hassle of having your package delivered with the USPS, give BH a try. They always have sales going on and most of the products are nice quality. As always, try to make a lil research before purchasing so you can have a guide of what to buy and if it is any good.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog. See you in my next post!










Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A Little Fashion Post

So I'm not fashion-y at all. I like what I like and sometimes that does not work/adjust to my body type which is like "hourglass-y but chubby" and I have to look for pieces that not only match or coordinate with one another but also that fit me well and does not make me look like a fool, like a 40 year trying to look half her age.  So, that being said, for a casual Friday, I chose a pair of kind of lose fit jeans from Estampa (got them for $12), an olive green tank top, olive green jacket from Berksha (bought it like 3 years ago) so they "match" and create a military-ish vibe, a regular black belt, and a pair of gold-nude loafers, so comfortable that I just can't put them down. Now some more detail pics so you can take a closer look and enjoy.  See ya next time!

Review: Boscia Skin Care

Hola a todos y bienvenidos nuevamente. Primero quisiera disculparme por haber bajado la cantidad de posts. Tuve un leve caso de "writter's block" pero después de una buena conversa y unos consejos, estoy lista para continuar. Para esta ocasión les tengo una reseña o review de un par de productos de cuidado de la piel de la marca boscia.   Boscia significa, literalmente "Botanical Science" y es una línea de cuidado de la piel desarrollada en Japón hace 32 años y es la primera línea de cuidado de la piel 100% libre de preservativos.  Entre los agentes que no se encontrarán en los productos de la marca están: ethanol, bactericidas, fragancias sintéticas, colorantes sintéticos, aceite mineral o ingredientes animales. De boscia , ya hace unos meses y para completar el monto para el free shipping de una compra de Sephora, había un set con unos deluxe sample sizes de 3 productos: el Detoxifying Black Cleanser, el Oil-free Nightly Hydration y el Enliv

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

Hola a todos y bienvenidos.  Para el día de hoy les tengo una reseña o review de una base de maquillaje de la marca Revlon.  Se trata de la base Revlon Colorstay Whipped, la cual es una base en crema, bastante gruesa, que no se corre.  En Panamá se empezó a vender más o menos desde octubre-noviembre del 2013 y tenemos aproximadamente unas 5 tonalidades, a diferencia de otros mercados que tiene hasta 16 tonos y tiene un precio de más o menos $16.95 más impuestos. Según la página de  Revlon , Colorstay Whipped es un maquillaje de larga duración que ofrece un máximo rendimiento, tiene textura suave y su cobertura ayuda a unificar el tono del rostro y también ofrece una sensación ligera durante todo el día que no se corre ni se desvanece. Yo compré la mía en el mes de noviembre y la uso casi todos los días.  Puedo certificar que es una base de cobertura completa, da una apariencia mate y a pesar de que el clima en Panamá es caliente y húmedo, la duración del maquillaje